Sports News Website

Mitchell Starc declares his unavailability for this season’s BBL; says wants to prioritise playing for country

Melbourne : Australian pace spearhead Mitchell Starc has said he will not be a part of the upcoming edition of the Big Bash League (BBL), becoming the first home star cricketer to confirm his unavailability for the lucrative T20 tournament.

The 32-year-old Starc last played the competition in 2014/15.While Starc said he enjoyed BBL, he added that his approach to all franchise-based cricket remains the same and that he wants to concentrate on playing for the country.

“I have always enjoyed the BBL when I have played it … but my approach with all franchise cricket hasn’t changed over the last seven years,” Starc told thewest.co.au on Sunday.

“My approach to the IPL, BBL, I have looked at the Australian schedule and wanting to be as fit and well-performed for that as I can. And franchise cricket has taken a back seat.”

Starc played for the Sydney Sixers in 2014/15, and since then he has rejected several potential offers from franchise leagues across the world.
Australia have an extremely busy schedule this season as, following the conclusion of the month-long series against Sri Lanka, they have limited-overs series against Zimbabwe, New Zealand, India, England and West Indies as well as a ICC T20 World Cup at home in October-November this year.

They will also play Tests against the West Indies and South Africa before the BBL window, with a tour of India, away Ashes and the 50-over World Cup in India highlighting next year’s calendar.

“The schedule in the next 18 months is ridiculous. I will always keep Australian cricket front of mind, and then franchise cricket (second). I also like spending time at home and seeing my wife (cricketer Alyssa Healy),” Starc said.

 

 

 

Comments are closed.

eskort eskişehir - adana eskort - mersin escort - boşanma avukatı -
Zero Waste Shop
-
web tasarım